Dry cooler (V-shape coil)
The AxiTop diffuser improves airflow routing at the outlet of the fan. This accessory makes it easier to overcome the downstream pressure drop. With skilfully adapted geometry the fan can achieve the same volume flow at lower speed.
Lowering the speed reduces both noise emissions and power consumption.
Reliable and leak-proof
- Tried-and-tested Güntner floating coil principle (tubes do not make contact with the casing)
- High degree of torsional stiffness for crane and forklift transport
- Snow and wind loads taken into account statically
- Low transport costs on account of optimised unit dimensions for truck and container transport
- Optimised module sizes for high flow rates, minimal tube volumes and all capacity ranges
Easy to assemble
- Robust design
- Factory-fitted assembly groups (switch cabinets, empty casing...)
- Robust crane lugs to simplify transport by crane
- Condensers for synthetic refrigerants, hydrocarbons and ammonia
- Gas coolers for transcritical and subcritical CO2 systems
- Fluid coolers for water/glycol mixtures
Unbelievable energy efficiency
- AC/EC technology
- Calculation of sound power in in-house test lab
- Control concepts adapted specially for the unit
- AxiTop optionally available
Inspection and cleaning
- Easy access for cleaning
- Practical inspection opening
- Constant high capacity
- Special fin geometry for effective cleaning
Control with added value
- Stable operations in particularly low partial load ranges
- Super Low Capacity Motor Management (SLCMM)
- Continuous cooling – emergency operation function in the event of control signal failure
- Reliable operations in the event of snow and ice – tear-off function if a fan is blocked
Economically recycling heat is the central idea behind a custom-planned decentralised energy system at a new German light metal foundry. In the cooling circuit, three Güntner GFD 090 HydroSpray Professional dry coolers connected in parallel and two JAEGGI HTK hybrid dry coolers also hydraulically connected in parallel ensure cooling in line with demand.
Busch-Jaeger Elektro GmbH, an innovative electrical installation technology market leader, cools its injection moulding tools at its Bad Berleburg-Aue site using combined cooling, heating and power generation, thus reducing its electrical energy consumption by 70 % compared to the previous system. The energy source is the waste heat from a cogeneration unit which is efficiently used by InvenSor adsorption chillers to produce cold. A GFD-type Güntner V-SHAPE Vario is used as a dry cooler for non-usable heat and to provide free cooling for the adsorption chillers.
Um auch bei extrem schwülheißen Wetterlagen die erforderliche Kälteversorgung in der hochtechnischen Halbleiterproduktion sicherzustellen, setzt die Dresdner Firma GLOBALFOUNDRIES im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes auf eine „Spitzentechnologie“ zusätzlich zur regulären Versorgung über Kraft-Wärme-Kälte-Koppelung (KWKK). Grund dafür ist, dass die offenen Nass-Kühltürme der BHKWs bei sehr hohen Feuchtkugeltemperaturen die Abwärme der Kältemaschinen nicht mehr ausreichend abführen können, in der Folge die Kühlwassertemperatur ansteigt und dann die Kältemaschinen ihre Leistung drosseln. Das hat wiederum direkte Auswirkungen auf die Produktion.
The new Royal Arena for international music and sporting events in Copenhagen uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant ammonia as refrigerant in its machine room. High-capacity Güntner V-SHAPE Vario GFD units take care of cooling down the glycol for the condensing process in the ammonia chiller, in the most confined of spaces.
Western Slovakia's largest ammonia methyl ether plant (R-723) supplying cold and, at the same time, hot water is installed on top of the roof of the poultry production facility HYZA in Topolčany. It is only non-usable heat that is dissipated to the surroundings by a Güntner dry cooler V-SHAPE Vario, type GFD, via a water/glycol circuit. Five Güntner CUBIC Vario air coolers were installed for the cooling of expedition rooms.
A reorganisation at Miele in Bünde, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, had increased the plant’s cooling requirements meaning that the cooling equipment being used to date had reached its capacity limit. Having compared various processes, Miele, which is a family-run company, decided that adsorption chillers would be the best option to cover these requirements. Two sprayed Güntner GFD-type V-SHAPE Vario dry coolers act as evaporators and condensers in equal measure as part of the cooling process and also efficiently dissipate any unusable heat from the process.
In its new central vegetable warehouse in the region of Moscow, the wholesaler Moskovskij Kombinat established cold stores which are individually adjustable in terms of room temperature and relative humidity. Güntner air coolers and Güntner fluid coolers/dry coolers provide a consistently high quality of the fresh goods and an efficient heat dissipation on the 20.000 m² storage space.
Bed rest is still the basic prescription for sick people – especially in hospitals. At the Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin (German Heart Institute Berlin), five fluid coolers made by Güntner, each with a footprint of 18.24 square metres and featuring a heat exchange area of 2,845 square metres, provide quiet and powerful air conditioning for the whole complex.
The company Grass-Merkur is a provider of data backup and storage services. As a result of demand, the number of available servers, i.e. the storage space, has been increasing for years. At the same time, the need for cooling and the requirements as regards cooling systems have grown too.
The air-conditioning for the world-famous art collection in the Alte Pinakothek gallery in the Bavarian capital of Munich has to be particularly reliable. After all, the renowned gallery houses over 700 paintings from around four centuries.
The pork producer Cooperl needed units for refrigeration and cooling to improve the air quality in the work rooms, processing rooms, cutting areas and storage rooms. Energy saving also played an improved role.
Schmack Biogas uses Güntner heat exchangers in the production of renewable energies.
Russia's growing importance in global economy attracts more and more international companies who increase their presence in the Russian capital.
- Circuit breakdown
- GMM EC
- GMM sincon®
- GMM phase cut
- GMM step
- Switch cabinet
- Repair switch
- HydroSpray® (Water spraying)
- Epoxy-resin coated fins
- Special varnishing
- EC fans
- Empty casing (fitted at the side)
- Vibration dampers
- Made of stainless steel
Which benefits do you as a customer have?
Güntner has the high standard of producing high-quality, application-oriented heat exchangers and remaining both fair and transparent. That is why we participate in a corresponding programme from Eurovent. The goal of the Eurovent Certification Company is to promote fair competition and to guarantee the customers that the units on the market are inspected under the same conditions and that they are therefore easier to compare. The manufacturers’ specifications are examined by independent laboratories for this purpose. To do this, units from the respective manufacturer are selected randomly.
The HE Programme (Heat Exchangers for Refrigeration) for heat exchangers of the refrigeration and air conditioning industry has existed since 2001. Güntner has participated successfully without interruptions since the implementation of the programme; all of the series included in the programme are certified without exception – and have been since the very beginning!
The Eurovent certification of the HE Programme includes DX evaporators and condensers that are designed for R-404A, R-134a, R-507A, R-407A, R-407C, R-407F, R-448A, R-449A, R-450A, R-452A and R-513A, and air coolers with coolants.
A certification for CO2 condensers and gas coolers respectively, and for CO2 DX evaporators as an individual group of units is scheduled in the foreseeable future. The Eurovent certification programme has not been designated yet for NH3 evaporators and condensers as well as 60 Hz units and centrifugal fan units.
Operating certified units provides you with significant advantages that are worth real money:
- The classification of units into energy efficiency classes is an important characteristic of the certification providing you with information on the energy consumption you can expect from the selected unit. This means the operating costs can clearly be identified.
- The independently measured, inspected specifications give you certainty when it comes to designing the units. You can design precisely to the operating point; safety margins are not required.
- Units are easier to compare with each other thanks to certified specifications. This results in fair competition under realistic conditions.
- The certify-all principle guarantees that manufacturers cannot distinguish themselves through individual “top-seller” units: Complete product groups are certified, hence there are no loopholes for individual units. According to the certify-all principle, actually all the certifiable product groups of a manufacturer must be tested, hence it is not possible to have, for example, only condensers certified while excluding evaporators, air coolers and gas coolers from testing.
- The confirmed and therefore reliable technical data increase the investment security and guarantees planning security and operational reliability with regard to performance and energy efficiency of the entire system. The operating costs can clearly be calculated right from the beginning.
- Certified units save real money: “We recommend that every operator calculates the energy consumption for a current or future construction project because of a hypothetically insufficient capacity. A few years ago, non-certified units showed insufficient capacities of up to 35 % in a serial examination. Thus, you can realistically expect a reduced output of 15 – 20 % for calculation. In comparison, there is a clearly better payback period for the certified unit, usually clearly under 2 years”, according to Peter Roth, Eurovent officer at Güntner.
- The certification applies to all standard units. Through its modular variability, the new Güntner product structure includes an even wider range of certified units.