Wall/ceiling air cooler
Air coolers are finned heat exchangers in which a working fluid heats up with heat absorption from the environment to be cooled, without changing the aggregate state. The units serve as components of a system, e.g. for conditioning the room air or cooling goods.
Evaporators are finned heat exchangers serving as components of a refrigeration system, in which liquid refrigerant evaporates with heat absorption from the environment to be cooled. The units are used e.g. in deep-freeze applications in food storage.
- Robust design
- Suction fans, wide air throw
- Large variety of types
- Many design types
Easy to Install
- Ceiling mounting brackets for easy installation
- Empty tube for defrost sensor
- Side cover with hinges and quick-release fastener
- Schrader valve on outlet
Inspection and Cleaning
- Hinged tray
HACCP Hygiene Certificate
- Suitable for rooms used for food processing
- All materials used approved for foodstuffs
- Drip tray with edges inclined at 45° angle
- Easy to clean
High Operational Reliability and Leak-Safety
- Proven Güntner floating coil principle (refrigerantcarrying tubes do not make contact with the casing;increases the heat exchanger’s service life)
- Aligned or staggered tube pattern
- Special copper tubes for HFC, coolant and CO2
- Stainless steel tubes for NH3
- Surface-corrugated aluminium fins for high heat transfer
- Corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy AlMg up to 500 mm fan diameter
- Galvanized steel, from 710 mm fan diameter
- Powder-coated with RAL 9003
- Hinged side cover with hinges
- Fans positioned at an angle (from 710 mm) improve the air throw and defrosting behaviour
- Hinged and thermally-decoupled (condensation free)
- Separate drip plate
- Corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy AlMg
- Powder-coated with RAL 9003
- Large condensation drain with 45° incline
- Proven quality fans
- Standard with two speeds (for fan diameter of 500 mm)
- Motor protection with thermocontacts
- 230 V, 1~, 50 Hz or 60 Hz (up to construction size 450)
- 400 V, 3~, 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Wired on connection socket in factory (GHF)
Product Types / Refrigerant / Capacity
Swiss retail merchant Coop’s largest logistics site in the Swiss canton of Aargau contributes significantly to the company’s vision to become CO2-neutral by 2023 in areas on which Coop can exert a direct influence. Efficient Güntner heat exchangers support this ambitious goal: They are used to cool storage and logistics areas and dissipate non-usable heat from the plant rooms.
The world market for salmon products grows steadily. In line with this economic development, also the capacities of the meanwhile largest fish cannery for the processing of salmon grew so that its area now comprises 95,000 m²/1,022,572 ft². The cooling of manufacturing, order-picking and storage areas takes place with refrigeration components from Güntner.
The Belgian family-run company La Lorraine uses Güntner HIGHSTORE coolers and thermowave plate heat exchangers in its new central deep-freeze storage room in the Czech Republic. The industrial bakery which has experienced rapid growth in recent years had the foresight to create impressive infrastructure north-west of Prague which boasts storage space for double the production capacity catered for in 2012. The fully automated high-bay deep-freeze storage room has around 27,300 pallet spaces.
There are year-round temperatures of about minus 4 °C in the "MidSweden 365" ski tunnel. The tunnel system in the Swedish village of Gällö-Viken was once built for military purposes and recently redesigned for about SEK 37 million to house an indoor sports facility for cross-country skiing for everybody that opened its doors in September 2017. Güntner provided air coolers, heat exchanger coils, an ammonia condenser as well as a dry cooler for this ski tunnel.
The new site of the fruit and vegetable production organisation OGA OGV Nordbaden eG in the industrial zone of Industriegebiet West in Bruchsal is one of the most modern fruit and vegetable logistics centres in Europe. Güntner air coolers and condensers have been used in the new logistics centre since spring 2015 to ensure that the high quality of the sensitive goods is maintained. In the storage rooms, the slight difference in temperature with the Güntner agri coolers ensures a low level of product dehumidification and fluid coolers with flooded evaporation guarantee optimum energy efficiency.
More than 5 million inhabitants live in the ever-growing Saudi Arabian megacity of Riyadh. The city is surrounded by the desert, the climate is sub-tropical. The technical requirements placed on a cold store for food are accordingly stringent. Güntner supplied 23 THERMOSTORE insulated unit coolers, 22 GGHN air coolers as well as two AGVH 090 ammonia condensers for the new cold storage of the Shahini Group. Two thermowave TL 250 plate heat exchangers form the hydraulic interface between refrigerant and fluid.
For a new buliding for production, storage and administration, an R507/CO2 cascade refrigerating system was decided on as an economically as well as ecologically wise solution.
The company Glockenbrot Bäckerei GmbH &
Co. oHG produces bakery products at the bakery Backwerk Süd (in the district of Dachau, near Munich) for outlets all throughout Southern Germany, processing 100 tonnes of flour
During planning of a new store, many requirements have to be taken into account. What design should the air coolers have? And how to incorporate appropriate control options?
When building its new cold storage facility, Fruchthansa chose a holistic concept. It not only takes into account the preservation of fruit and vegetables in storage, but also optimal storage energy efficiency.
- Epoxy-resin coated fins
- Double, insulated tray
- Core tubes made of stainless steel
- Casing and tray made of stainless steel
- Factory-fitted thermostatic expansion valve
- Güntner Streamer
- Defrost flap for quick, efficient defrosting
- Air sock connection
- Fan casing for 45° / 90° downblow
- Swiveling fans