Güntner Air cooler Dual Compact
DUAL Compact: uniform air distribution in its most elegant form!
Development of the new DUAL Compact air cooler was tailored consistently to suit customer needs and application requirements. The result is a product that, underneath its aesthetic and elegant form, conceals an entire range of application benefits. The latest generation GADC dual discharge air cooler fulfils all requirements as regards modern heat exchangers. The units offer optimised designs for coolant, HFC and CO2 as well as 4 mm and 7 mm fin spacing for normal refrigeration and low temperature applications. They also comply with the independently certified Güntner hygiene standard with all of its advantages. And with the option of the integrated condensation water pump, the condensation pipe from the cold room can be installed out of sight in a false ceiling.
The benefits of the DUAL Compact cooler at a glance
- Optional integrated condensation water pump: invisible condensation pipe for better hygiene
- Continuous tray, hinged on both sides
- Güntner Hygiene Design + HACCP Certificate
- Particularly low-draught design available
- Uniform air distribution thanks to optimised air flow
- Alternative Coil Defender corrosion protection available
- Up to 80 bar as standard with CO2 units
- 3-year warranty!
- Optimised for the relevant fluid: tube and fin geometries provide outstanding performance at reduced tube volumes
Finally, it is gone!
With the optional integrated condensation water pump for the normal cooling range in the new DUAL Compact air cooler, the condensation pipe which is usually laid through the cold room can be installed out of sight in a false ceiling.
This offers numerous benefits for you:
The unit is perfectly accessible as the tray can easily be hinged down without the need to remove the pipe before. What´s more, the condensation pipe is also protected against damage, e.g. owing to transport procedures.
Small pump, big Impact
The optional condensation water pump operates according to the rotating membrane principle and therefore requires practically no maintenance.
The condensate is drawn into the pump through a vacuum and transported mechanically under pressure to the outlet.
This system tolerates solid and/or suspended matter and also runs dry without difficulty.
The pump remains almost silent, even when running dry.
Easy installation, quick maintenance
All attached parts are easily accessible; flaps and trays can be removed and attached again quickly and easily.
The use of screws has been reduced to a minimum.
The continuous outer tray can be hinged open from either side; the inner tray too can be removed.
Güntner Hygiene Design and HACCP Certificate
With properties such as continuous, hinged trays, flush brackets integrated into the casing and 45° tray edges, the design of the Güntner units helps to maintain hygiene in rooms.
The smooth surfaces are easy to clean and all materials are food-safe.
A visual inspection of the entire unit is easily possible.
These properties in combination with further features mean that the air coolers in the GADC family are hygiene-certified in accordance with TÜV Süd’s HACCP concept.
Gentle cooling safeguards health
The DUAL Compact furthermore sets standards for use in air-conditioned workspaces, with the units available optionally in a special draught-reduced version. In case requirements as regards comfort and air distribution are particularly high.
Backed by our in-house expertise in CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics), Güntner can determine the air flow properties of new units much earlier in the development process and optimise these properties accordingly.
In the draught-reduced version, the DUAL Compact is carefully adapted to provide the best working conditions both subjectively and objectively and helps to minimize staff absences.
Alternative Coil Defender corrosion protection available
Both the casing and the tray on the DUAL Compact air coolers come in a corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy as standard; epoxy resin-coated fins are optionally available, too. The optional Coil Defender version is also available. For these compact air coolers, it is an attractive alternative for applications in a slightly aggressive atmosphere where corrosion protection is necessary but a stainless-steel design would be over the top. With its uniform coating over the entire coil, Coil Defender version reliably protects the usual copper/aluminium material combination against corrosion.
The Coil Defender coating too is food-safe and is part of the hygiene certification in accordance with HACCP; the coating can also withstand common cleaning agents.
Up to 80 bar as standard!
The latest generation DUAL air coolers meet all the requirements as regards modern heat exchangers and are designed for use with specific working fluids. The diameters of the core tubes and the materials used, together with the fin geometries, provide the best possible combination of maximum capacity and minimum tube volume.
The units for CO2 applications not only have a heat exchanger which is optimised for CO2 – they are also available with an operating pressure of up to 80 bar as standard.
Large flap, conceals lots
The DUAL Compact air coolers offer further benefits.
These include high quality AC or EC fans for low-noise operation, an empty tube for the defrost sensor, an optional electric defrost heating system which is either installed at the factory or comes as a set for retrofitting and, best of all, a further:
3-year warranty for all units in the GADC family.
What are you waiting for?
Hygiene is the number one priority in institutional food service, the HACCP standard is obligatory and perfect cooling technology is the icing on the cake for ensuring the long-term success of cook-chill canteen kitchens. Dresden-based company Sachsen-Kälte is proud to be able to design and supply a full range of cooling and refrigeration equipment for cook-chill canteen kitchens and uses Güntner heat exchangers in doing so. The highlight for workspaces is the new HACCP-certified Güntner DUAL Compact GADC air cooler which features a condensation pipe which is invisibly integrated in the casing. The new coolers are already being successfully used in Siegburg and Marl and will soon be up and running in Wetzlar, Frankfurt am Main and Düsseldorf.
A transcritical CO2 booster system with four-stage heat recovery at a wholesale store allows savings of €200,000/$235,756 per year. A net investment of €1.4m/$1,650,880 was made to remodel the refrigeration equipment. Due to the annual savings in operating costs, however, the return on investment is expected to be reached already in about five years.
- Condensation water pump
- Special draught-reduced type
- Epoxy-resin coated fins
- Electric defrost heater for coil and tray (optionally factory-mounted or as a retrofit set for self-assembly)
- Coil Defender - Alternative corrosion protection
- Threaded connections (fluid pump only)
Which benefits do you as a customer have?
Güntner has the high standard of producing high-quality, application-oriented heat exchangers and remaining both fair and transparent. That is why we participate in a corresponding programme from Eurovent. The goal of the Eurovent Certification Company is to promote fair competition and to guarantee the customers that the units on the market are inspected under the same conditions and that they are therefore easier to compare. The manufacturers’ specifications are examined by independent laboratories for this purpose. To do this, units from the respective manufacturer are selected randomly.
The HE Programme (Heat Exchangers for Refrigeration) for heat exchangers of the refrigeration and air conditioning industry has existed since 2001. Güntner has participated successfully without interruptions since the implementation of the programme; all of the series included in the programme are certified without exception – and have been since the very beginning!
The Eurovent certification of the HE Programme includes DX evaporators and condensers that are designed for R-404A, R-134a, R-507A, R-407A, R-407C, R-407F, R-448A, R-449A, R-450A, R-452A and R-513A, and air coolers with coolants.
A certification for CO2 condensers and gas coolers respectively, and for CO2 DX evaporators as an individual group of units is scheduled in the foreseeable future. The Eurovent certification programme has not been designated yet for NH3 evaporators and condensers as well as 60 Hz units and centrifugal fan units.
Operating certified units provides you with significant advantages that are worth real money:
- The classification of units into energy efficiency classes is an important characteristic of the certification providing you with information on the energy consumption you can expect from the selected unit. This means the operating costs can clearly be identified.
- The independently measured, inspected specifications give you certainty when it comes to designing the units. You can design precisely to the operating point; safety margins are not required.
- Units are easier to compare with each other thanks to certified specifications. This results in fair competition under realistic conditions.
- The certify-all principle guarantees that manufacturers cannot distinguish themselves through individual “top-seller” units: Complete product groups are certified, hence there are no loopholes for individual units. According to the certify-all principle, actually all the certifiable product groups of a manufacturer must be tested, hence it is not possible to have, for example, only condensers certified while excluding evaporators, air coolers and gas coolers from testing.
- The confirmed and therefore reliable technical data increase the investment security and guarantees planning security and operational reliability with regard to performance and energy efficiency of the entire system. The operating costs can clearly be calculated right from the beginning.
- Certified units save real money: “We recommend that every operator calculates the energy consumption for a current or future construction project because of a hypothetically insufficient capacity. A few years ago, non-certified units showed insufficient capacities of up to 35 % in a serial examination. Thus, you can realistically expect a reduced output of 15 – 20 % for calculation. In comparison, there is a clearly better payback period for the certified unit, usually clearly under 2 years”, according to Peter Roth, Eurovent officer at Güntner.
- The certification applies to all standard units. Through its modular variability, the new Güntner product structure includes an even wider range of certified units.